The main goals are:
- to identify specific lipoprotein parameters as new risk markers of cancer and non-vascular inflammatory diseases;
- to develop more effective and better-tolerated treatments of cancer and non-vascular inflammatory diseases through stabilization and vectorization of lipoprotein-associated drugs;
- to set up an innovative strategy in preventing uncontrolled inflammatory response through the lipoprotein-mediated neutralization and elimination of bacterial lipopolysaccharides (or endotoxins);
- to explore new clinical protocols combining anticancer and anti-inflammatory treatments with cholesterol-lowering, lipid modifying and HDL-raising therapies;
- to increase relationships between researchers, social and political institutions, as well as relationships with private companies, with a view to building an interpretative model to integrate Science and Technology in Society.
This LabEX is involved in Nanoscience through the development of lipoproteins as nanovector/nanocarrier of anti-inflammatory or anti-cancer drugs.